Preferred Rate Lawyer’s Professional Liability for Attorneys and Law Firms in California, Pennsylvania and Washington
A- (Excellent) XV ($2 Billion or greater) Rated Insurer
Limits Up to $2,000,000/$4,000,000
Deductible Options: Zero ($0) deductible available; loss only deductible available
Separate Limit for Defense Options: $250,000 or $500,000
No Minimum Premium - We write part-time firms
Law firms with their primary offices in California or Washington State
- Broad Definition of Legal Services: includes services performed as a lawyer, arbiter, mediator, expert witness, title agent, notary public, governmental affairs advisor, lobbyist, or member of a bar association. Plus services performed as an administrator, conservator, receiver, executor, guardian, trustee or in fiduciary capacity (except as a fiduciary as defined by ERISA). Legal services also includes pro bono services.
- Privacy Breach Investigation Up to $20,000 in attorneys fees and Network and Privacy Breach up to $25,000 in defense costs.
- Automatic ERP: Two Way, Thirty (30) days (no additional charge).
- ERP Options: Up to unlimited (additional charge), non-practicing ERP (no additional charge), retirement ERP (no additional charge but conditions apply, talk to your underwriter).
- Independent Contractor and Per Diem Attorney coverage
- Formal Mediation: reduce your deductible by up 50% up to $12,500 by resolving your dispute through formal mediation within 90 days after the suit is filed.
- Subpoena Assistance: subject to a limit of $25,000 per policy period.
- Disciplinary Proceedings: $25,000 per claim / $50,000 aggregate.
- Loss of Earnings: $500 per day for each insured up to a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 policy aggregate.
- Territory: World Wide covers services performed anywhere in the world provided claims are made in the USA, it's territories, possessions, Puerto Rick or Canada.
Individual policy terms may differ due to underwriting, please check your quote carefully.
Get a Premium Estimate